The Czech Club Birmingham CIC is a community interest company that promotes the welfare and culture of the Czech community living in Birmingham and the West Midlands. We organise cultural, social and educational events for the Czechs as well as for other communities in the region.
Our primary goal is to run a supplementary school and nursery for children of Czech descent where they learn and practise the Czech language through play, explore Czech traditions and engage with Czech culture. The school meets every two weeks on Saturdays at Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College.
The Club has also started cooperation with Birmingham Social Services and provides schooling for children in care.
We also organise:
- Czech classes for non-Czech speakers
- English classes for adults
- one-off events for children and their parents to celebrate and commemorate specific events
- events related to Czech heritage and culture that are open to all communities
- fund raising events for good causes
- a library of Czech books, CDs and DVDs
We are registered with Companies House, no. 08626847.